Jim Dent Construction based in Hope, BC is a long-standing leader in Heavy Civil Construction projects throughout BC since 1974. With an established history of completing complex projects on time and within budget, Jim Dent Construction has built a reputation of getting the job done. With a diverse team providing technical experience and advanced skills to deliver results the Jim Dent team provides guidance and leadership in all departments of the company. If you are passionate about construction, then join our experienced team committed to excellence as a Project Manager.
Dent specializes in challenging and remote projects with the ability to deliver on $100M plus EPC projects. With crew size of 250 plus we have the ability to take on almost any size of project.
- Hydroelectric Projects
- Earth Works
- Concrete Works
- Clearing and access road construction
- Dam and Powerhouse Renovation and Modification
- Highway Works
- Rock Stabilization
Team & Culture
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality assurance, project status and client satisfaction. At this level, projects managed are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk, and exposure.
- Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects by identifying project risks, developing project plans, and implementing contingency plans.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget, and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients, resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety, and environmental protection on the project.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards.
- Degree or Diploma in an Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field or similar field-based expertise.
- Proven ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team leader.
- Minimum 5 years of previous heavy civil construction management.
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Hydro related work is an asset.